Rohit Sharma is an Indian international cricketer and the current captain of the Indian national team. He was born on 30 April 1987 in Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. His father’s name is Gurunath Sharma, and his mother’s name is Purnima Sharma. He also has a younger brother, named Vishal Sharma.
Further in this article, you will get to know about Rohit Sharma wife, age, height, weight, girlfriends, family, marriage, children, daughter, mother, father, marriage pics, cricket, IPL, records, stats, centuries, net worth, biography & more.
|Real Name||Rohit Gurunath Sharma|
|Full Name||Rohit Gurunath Sharma|
|Nick Name(s)||Hitman, Ro, Shaana|
|Date of Birth||30 April 1987|
|Age (as in 2022)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Current Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching Movies, Playing Table Tennis & Video Games|
Height, Weight & Body Measurement
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg|
in Pounds- 159 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 Inches|
– Waist: 31 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
Family & Ancestor
|Brother||Vishal Sharma (Younger)|
|Son||Samaira (born in 2018)|
|School||– Swami Vivekanand International School and Junior College, Mumbai|
– Our Lady of Vailankanni High School, Mumbai
|College/University||Did not attend|
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
|International Debut||ODI- 23 June 2007 against Ireland at Belfast|
Test- 6 November 2013 against West Indies at Kolkata
T20 – 19 September 2007 against England at Durban
|Jersey Number||#45 (India)|
|Domestic/State/IPL Team||Mumbai, Mumbai Indians|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan, Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Pull shot|
|Favourite Batting Drill||Straight down the ground|
|Career Turning Point||His unbeaten score of 142 runs in 123 balls for West Zone against North Zone at Udaipur in the 2005 Deodhar Trophy.|
- Highest individual score in an ODI match (264 runs).
- The first player to score 2 double centuries in ODIs.
- Shares the record for most number of 6s in an ODI match (16 sixes), joining AB de Villiers and Chris Gayle.
- Second Indian player after Suresh Raina to have scored a century in each of the 3 formats (Test, ODI, T20).
- Highest ODI score by a visiting batsman against Australia in Australia (171 runs).
- Third Indian player to score more than 1,000 runs against Australia in ODIs, joining Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni.
- During the 2019 World Cup, apart from being the highest run scorer (648 runs), Rohit Sharma broke many records including the most number of World Cup centuries. He scored his fifth ton in the World Cup in the last league match of India against Sri Lanka; breaking Kumar Sangakkara’s record for the most number of centuries in a single World Cup in the process.
- Rohit Sharma also equaled the record for most centuries (i.e., 6 in number) in World Cups with Sachin Tendulkar. He also became only the fourth international batsman after Sachin Tendulkar (India – 2003), Mathew Hayden (Australia – 2007) and Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh – 2019) to score over 600 runs in a single edition of the World Cup.
- On 5 October 2019, during a test match against South Africa, he became the first batsman to score two centuries on debut as an opener.
- Maximum fifty-plus scores (30 times) in T20.
Awards & Achievements
|2019||Golden Bat award for scoring most number of runs in ICC Cricket World Cup 2019|
|2020||Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna|
Girlfriends/Relationships/Affairs & More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||– Sofia Hayat (Actress)|
– Ritika Sajdeh (Sports manager)
|Wife||Ritika Sajdeh (m.2015-present)|
Favourite & Beloved things
|Cricketers||Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag|
Bowler : Harbhajan Singh
|Food||Aloo Parantha, Chinese cuisine, eggs|
|Actors||Hrithik Roshan, Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan|
|Actresses||Kareena Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Deepika Padukone, Megan Fox, Blake Lively|
|Films||Bollywood: Veer-Zara, Hera Pheri, Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander, Border|
Hollywood: The Avengers, Iron Man, The Dark Night Rises
|Directors||David Dhawan, Priyadarshan, Imtiaz Ali, James Cameron|
|Songs||Tere Liye Hum Hai Jiye from the film Veer-Zaara (2004), Started From The Bottom by Drake|
|Hotel||Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius|
|Travel Destination||New York|
Net Worth, Cars Collection, House & More
|Net Worth||180 Crore INR|
|Monthly Salary/Income||1.2 Crore +|
|Yearly Income||16 Crore +|
|Source Of Income||Cricket|
|House Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Cars||BMW M5 Series, Lamborghini Urus|
There is no such controversy of Rohit Sharma.
Social Media Accounts
Some Known Facts
- Rohit Sharma was born and brought up in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
- Rohit’s mother tongue is Telugu.
- He is the current captain of his IPL team Mumbai Indians, and has won the title five times.
- His family’s financial condition was not good enough, so, he was sent to live with his grandparents in Borivali where he started playing ‘Galli Cricket.’
- Rohit Sharma currently holds the world record for the highest individual score (264) in a one-day international match.
- He once said that he struggles to bat against Brett Lee.
- Rohit Sharma is the only player to have scored three double-centuries in one-day internationals.
- He is a firm believer of Lord Ganesha and visits the Siddhi Vinayak Temple before any tour.
- He once bunked his school to meet Virender Sehwag.
- Rohit Sharma is a huge fan of the Real Madrid Football Club.
- Rohit Sharma loves to sleep a lot.
- If not a cricketer, Rohit Sharma would have been a real estate businessman.
- Former Indian fast bowler, Zaheer Khan gave him the nickname, “Shaana.”
- Rohit Sharma is the official Rhino Ambassador for WWF-India.
All the images used in this article are taken from His/Her official Instagram Account, and the credit goes to the respective owners or creator of the Images.
All the information are taken from internet, such as Wikipedia & different news websites. If you find any thing wrong or misprinted, than let us know here, so we can make this article more accurate and readable.