This article covers a detailed story about the actress Sudha Chandran. Here you will get to know about Sudha Chandran Biography, Age, Family, Children, Awards, Career, Husband, Movies & More.
Who is Sudha Chandran?
Sudha Chandran is an Indian actress who appears in Indian films and Television shows. She is an accomplished Bharatanatyam dancer. In 1981, she hurt her leg in a road accident near Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu while coming back from Madras with her parents.
Her leg became gangrenous and her parents opted to have it amputated. However, she subsequently became an established Bharatnatyam dancer. Chandran is known for her roles of Ramola Sikand in Kaahin Kissii Roz, Yamini in Naagin 1, 2 , 3, Chitradevi in Deivam Thandha Veedu, the Tamil remake of Saath Nibhana Saathiya.
She again back in the sixth season of Naagin, and in Naagin 6 as Seema.
Also Read - Mahek Chahal Age, Movies, Tv Serials, Naagin 6, Instagram, Family, Boyfriend, Husband, & More
Sudha Chandran Wiki/Bio
|Date of Birth||27 September 1965|
|Age (as in 2022)||56|
|Birthplace||Kannur, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Internet Surfing|
Sudha Chandran Family
|Father||Late K D Chandran|
Also Read - Urvashi Dholakia Age, Husband, Sons Name, Tv Shows, Instagram, Net Worth, Awards, Biography & More
Sudha Chandran Husband/Boyfriend/Affairs
|Marriage Date||24 November 1999|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Ravi Dang (Assistant Director)|
|Husband||Ravi Dang (Assistant Director)|
Sudha Chandran Children
Sudha Chandran Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height In Feet||5’ 7” (approx.)|
|Weight||70 kg (approx.)|
Sudha Chandran Career
Chandran started her career with a Telugu film Mayuri, which was based on her own life. The film was later dubbed in Tamil and Malayalam.
In that film, also Sudha again played herself with Shekhar Suman, Dina Pathak and Aruna Irani. For her performance in Mayuri in 1986, she was awarded Special Jury Award at the National Film Awards.
Kaahin Kissi Roz and K Street Pali Hill were her notable shows on television. She was one of the contestants in dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2 in 2007. In 2015, she appears as Yamini in TV serial Naagin.
Sudha Chandran Net Worth, Assets & Liabilities
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Salary||1 lakh (approx)|
Sudha Chandran Social Media Handles
Sudha Chandran Favourite Things
|Food||Rasam rice and Papadam|
|Actor||Rajesh Khanna and Shah Rukh Khan|
|Actress||Meena Kumari, Hema Malini, Rekha and Sridevi|
|Restaurant||Green House, The Class in Mumbai|
Sudha Chandran Contact Number, Address & More
|Permanent Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Present Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Contact Number||Not Known|
Sudha Chandran Controversy
Some Known Facts About Sudha Chandran
- Sudha started dancing when was 3 and a half years old.
- She stood 1st in her 10th standard exams with 80%, but instead of taking science, she chose arts to pursue her career in dance.
- Unfortunately, she met with a road accident at the age of 17 in 1981 while coming back from Madras to Tiruchirapalli with her parents. It damaged her leg because of gangrene, due to which she lost a leg.
- She overcome her disability with the help of a prosthetic ‘Jaipur Foot’, took 3 years of physiotherapy to recover.
- Her comeback public dance performance in Mumbai on 28 January 1984, was so much appreciated that she was counted among India’s best Bharatnatyam dancers. After this, she started getting invitations for shows from all over the world.
- She started her acting career with a Telugu film Mayuri (1986), which was based upon her real life story.
- Same year, she won the National Film Award – Special Jury Award for Mayuri.
- She is the founder of Sudha Chandran Academy of Dance, which has many branches in Mumbai and Pune.
- She is the vice-chairperson of National Association of Disabled Enterprises (NADE).