This article covers a detailed story about the American rapper and media personality Snoop Dogg. It Covers more details about Snoop Dogg Wiki, Early Life, Age, Date of Birth, birthday, Height, Height in Feet, Body measurement, Career, Caste, original name, real name, girlfriend, Affairs, Marital Status, married photos, Father, Mother, Siblings, Family, family photos, Kids, wife name, Son, Daughter, Book, songs, movies, Net Worth, Age, Death And More.
Also Read: Thelma Wright Wiki, Birthday, Book, Net Worth, Age, Death And More
Snoop Dogg Wiki
|Nick Name||Snoopy, Calvin|
|Also Known As||Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr.|
|Popular As||Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer|
|Age||49 Years Old|
|Born||October 20, 1971|
|Birthplace||Long Beach, United States|
Snoop Dogg Height, Weight & Measurements
|Height||6’4″ (193 cm), 6’4″ Males|
|Body Measurements||Not Available|
|Eye Color||Not Available|
|Hair Color||Not Available|
Dating & Relationship status
|Children||Corde Broadus, Cordelle Braudus, Cori Broadus, Julian Corrie Broadus|
Snoop Dogg Net Worth
|Net Worth in 2020||$135 million|
|Source of Income||Rapping|
Snoop Dogg Movies
1. Training Day (2001)
(Drama, Crime, Thriller)
2. Dolemite Is My Name (2019)
(Biography, Comedy, Drama)
3. Half Baked (1998)
4. Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016)
5. Pitch Perfect 2 (2015)
6. Baby Boy (2001)
(Crime, Thriller, Drama, Romance)
7. The Beach Bum (2018)
8. Reincarnated (2012)
9. Starsky & Hutch (2004)
10. Meet the Blacks (2016)
Snoop Dogg Social Network
|Snoop Dogg Instagram|
|Apple Music||Snoop Dogg Apple Music|
|Spotify||Snoop Dogg Spotify|
|Snoop Dogg Twitter|
|Snoop Dogg Facebook|
|Wikipedia||Snoop Dogg Wikipedia|
|YouTube||Snoop Dogg YouTube|
Who Is Snoop Dogg?
Calvin Broadus, better known by his stage name ‘Snoop Dogg’, is an American rapper and communicator who became one of the most famous gangsta rap artists of the mid-1990’s. Although widely accepted as an artist, Snoop has also appeared in numerous films and television shows throughout his career.
Born in the United States, he enjoyed singing and raping since he was a child but was arrested several times as a teenager on drug charges before deciding to pursue a career in hip-hop. Eventually, his talent was spotted by renowned rapper producer Dr. Dre, and Snoop’s debut album ‘Doggystyle’ was introduced to the world of music.
With songs like “Who Am I (What Is My Name)?” and “Gin and Juice”, became famous for his rap style and his name resembled gangster rap in the 1990s. Over the years, he has continued his success with many top albums such as ‘The Doggyfather’, ‘No Limit Top Dogg’, ‘R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece’ and ‘Doggumentary’.
In his illustrious career, Snoop has also appeared in numerous films and has been a regular guest on television shows. Throughout his life, he was accused of many crimes but was later acquitted. The exemplary artist, his music and his legal problem have kept him in the headlines since he started his career.
Childhood & Early Life
Snoop Dogg was born as Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. October 20, 1971, in Long Beach, California, Vernall Varnado, a Vietnam veteran, musician, and postmaster, and his wife, Beverly Broadus. But Vernall left the family shortly after Calvin’s birth and so Calvin was named after his younger father, Calvin Cordozar Broadus Sr.
From a young age, he was very interested in singing, blasting and playing the piano. In 1989, he graduated from Long Beach Polytechnic High School.
Shortly after graduating from high school, he was arrested for drug possession and regularly came out of prison for the next three years.
This time, he and his cousins were recording home-made tapes, calling their group ‘213’. One of his first ways to stand alone with En Vogue’s “Hold On” was heard by influential director Dr Dre, who invited him for an interview.
- Early in his career, Broadus took the stage name Snoop Doggy Dogg, and began working with Dr. Dre on Dre’s debut album, ‘The Chronic’, which was well received. Later in 1993, Snoop Dogg released his debut album ‘Doggystyle’ which was a huge success.
- In 1996, his second album, ‘The Doggfather,’ was released and, although the album was well received, it was not as successful as its predecessor.
- In 1998, he signed with Master P’s No Limit Records and appeared on the label ‘Da Game Is To Sell, Not to Told’. In the years that followed, some of his albums called ‘No Limit Top Dogg’ (1999) and ‘Tha Last Meal’ (2000) were released.
- In 2002, he released the album ‘Paid tha Cost to Be da Bo $$’ which featured the hit songs “From tha Chuuuch to da Palace” and “Beautiful”.
- In 2004, his album ‘R & G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece’ was released featuring “Drop It Like It Hot”. In the same year, another album ‘The Hard Way’, featuring the single “Groupie Luv” was also released.
- Her 2006 album titled ‘Tha Blue Carpet Treatment’ and her second single “That’s That Shit” were well received by critics. He has released several albums in the following years such as ‘Ego Trippin’ (2008), ‘Malice n Wonderland’ (2009), and ‘Doggumentary’ (2011).
- In 2012, he adopted a new stage name, Snoop Lion. In March 2013, his booth called ‘Rebirth’ was released and the following month, his new studio album was released with the same name.
- Other Snoop Dogg albums include ‘Coolaid’ (2016), ‘Neva Left’ (2017), ‘Bible of Love’ (2018) and ‘I Want to Thank You’ (2019).
- He has appeared in starring in films such as ‘The Wash’ (2001) and ‘Bones’ (2001) and ‘Mac and Devin Go to High School’ (2012). He also starred in various supporting roles in several films including ‘Half Baked’ (1998), ‘Training Day’ (2001), ‘Starsky & Hutch’ (2004), and ‘Brüno’ (2009).
- He has also appeared on numerous television shows such as the sketch comedy show ‘Doggy Fizzle Televizzle’, and the reality show ‘Snoop Dogg’s Father Hood’.
The first released single “Drop It Like It’s Hot” from his 2004 album ‘R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece’, was one of his most successful works. It reached No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100, becoming Snoop’s first US No. 1 single.
Awards & Achievements
- In 1994, he received the Billboard Music Award in three categories; ‘Top Billboard 200 Album Artist – Male’, ‘Top R&B Album Artist’, and ‘Top R&B Album Artist – Male’.
- In 1994, he won the MTV Video Music Awards in the category of ‘Best Rap Video’ for the song ‘Doggy Dogg World’.
- In 1995, he won the American Music Award for ‘Favorite Rap / Hip-Hop Artist’.
- In 2005, she was awarded the ‘International Dance Music Award’ in the category of ‘Best Rap / Hip-Hop Dance Track’ for her song ‘Drop It Like It Hot’.
- He has won several other awards including ‘MOBO Award’, ‘Source Award’, ‘Stony Award’, and ‘Urban Fashion Award’.
Personal Life & Legacy
- In 1997, Snoop Dogg married his high school sweetheart, Shante Taylor. The couple has three children together: two sons, Cordé and Cordell, and a daughter named Cori.
- In 2004, Dogg filed for divorce from Shante, citing irreconcilable differences. Four years later, the couple renewed their wedding vows in January 2008.
Snoop Dogg Net Worth
Snoop Dogg has an estimated net worth of $135 million.
If you like this article please don’t forget to share it with your friends & family. If You have any query related to this article please contact us here.