Samantha Ruth Prabhu, formerly known as Samantha Akkineni is an Indian actress who mainly works in Telugu and Tamil film industries. She was born on 28 April 1987 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Her father’s name is Joseph Prabhu and her mother’s name is Ninette Prabhu.
Samantha is known for her appearances in South Indian films, but has also caught the attention of Hindi audiences after her appearance in Amazon Prime’s web series The Family Man Season 2.
Further in this article, you will get to know about Samantha Ruth age, height, weight, husband, boyfriend, family, marriage, children, daughter, mother, father, marriage pics, movies, web series, career, net worth, biography & more.
|Real Name||Samantha Ruth Prabhu|
|Other Name||Samantha Akkineni|
|Nick Name(s)||Samantha, Yasodha, Yasho, Sam|
|Famous For||Her appearances in South Indian films|
|Date of Birth||28 April 1987|
|Age (as in 2022)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Current Residence||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hobbies||Reading, Listening to music, Shopping, Gymming|
Height, Weight & Body Measurement
|Height In Centimeters||165 cm|
|Height In Meters||1.65 m|
|Height In Feet||5′ 5”|
|Weight In Kilograms||53 kg|
|Weight In Pounds||117 lbs|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Bra Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
Family & Ancestor
|Husband||Naga Chaitanya (Actor, m. 2017; sep. 2021)|
|School||Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai|
|College/University||Stella Maris College, Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Commerce|
- In 2010, Samantha Ruth Prabhu began her professional film career with Gautham Vasudev Menon’s Telugu film, Ye Maaya Chesave.
- In 2012, she featured in a big budget Telugu film, Dookudu.
- In 2012, Samantha featured in S. S. Rajamouli’s live action Telugu-Tamil bilingual project Eega.
- In 2013, she next appeared in the Telugu multi-starrer film, Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu.
- In 2013, she also did many other films like Jabardasth, Attarintiki Daredi, and Ramayya Vasthavayya.
- In 2014, Samantha Ruth Prabhu appeared in a drama film Manam.
- In 2014, she also appeared in many films like, Autonagar Surya, Alludu Seenu, Rabhasa, Anjaan, and Kaththi.
- In 2015, Samantha did a dual role in Vijay Milton’s road film, 10 Endrathukulla.
- In 2016, her first release was a Tamil romantic drama film Bangalore Naatkal.
- In 2016, she next appeared as a lead in Atlee’s Theri.
- In 2016, Samantha Ruth Prabhu worked for a second time with director Vikram Kumar and Suriya in the critically acclaimed, fantasy film 24.
- In 2017, she did lead female role in Atlee’s Mersal.
- In 2018, Samantha Ruth Prabhu had a successful venture with Rangasthalam.
- In 2018, she did many other films, such as Irumbu Thirai, Mahanati, and U Turn.
- In 2019, Samantha starts with a women-centric film Oh! Baby.
- In 2019, She next appeared in another successful film Majili.
- In 2020, Samantha Ruth Prabhu played the character of Janaki Devi in the film Jaanu.
- In 2020, Samantha made her television debut by hosting an episode of Telugu-language reality television series Bigg Boss 4.
- In 2021, she performed her first dance number in the film, Pushpa: The Rise alongside Allu Arjun in the song “Oo Antava Oo Oo Antava“.
- In 2021, Samantha Ruth Prabhu starred in the second season of Hindi web-series The Family Man.
Awards & Achievements
|2011||Best Female Debut||Ye Maaya Chesave|
|2017||Best Actress||A Aa – Anasuya Ramalingam V/S Anand Vihari|
|2021||Best Actor In A Drama Series (Female)||The Family Man Season 2|
Boyfriends/Relationships/Affairs & More
|Husband||Naga Chaitanya (Actor, m. 2017; sep. 2021)|
|Marriage Date||6 October 2017|
Favourite & Beloved things
|Food||Sushi, Sweet pongal, Dairy milk chocolate, Paalakova|
|Actors||Dhanush, Suriya, Rajnikanth|
|Directors||Mani Ratnam, Woody Allen|
|TV Show||American: The West Wing|
|Book||The Secret by Rhonda Byrne|
|Book||The Secret By Rhonda Byrne|
Net Worth, Cars Collection, House & More
|Net Worth||80 Crore INR|
|Monthly Salary/Income||25 Lakhs +|
|Yearly Income||3 Crore +|
|Source Of Income||Acting|
|House Address||Tamil Nadu, India|
|Cars||BMW 3 series|
Family Man 2 Controversy: While Samantha receive heavy appreciation for her performance, she was also criticized for her hurting the sentiments of Eelam Tamils. The makers of the series were also slammed for showing the Talim Eelam in a bad light. Later, the actress also apologized for the same. She wrote, “I allow people to have their own opinions. If they decided to stay with that opinion, I am very sorry for hurting anyone’s sentiments. I sincerely apologies as it was not something I intended on doing at all. I did not mean to hurt anyone. So, if I did, I am extremely sorry.”
Changing Surname: A few days back, Samantha was roped in controversy when she dropped her husband’s surname and went back from Samantha Akkineni to Samantha Ruth Prabhu. Her social media handle also shows the same. This gave birth to several speculations regarding her marriage life. However, the actress refrained from commenting on the same.
Issues with Nagarjuna: Samantha is known for sharing a very close bond with her father-in-law, actor Nagarjuna. However, a few days back, reports started surfacing about Nagarjuna and family of being upset with the actress. However, later it was reported that they were annoyed over the reaction on her web series ‘Family Man 2’ before its release.
Social Media Accounts
Some Known Facts
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu was born and brought up in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- She was a bright student and used to top the class all the time.
- Samantha is inspired by Hollywood actress Audrey Hepburn.
- In 2012, due to an immune system disorder, she had to take a long break from movies.
- The actress loves exploring new places. Her social media feed is filled with many vacay pics of the actress.
- She was diagnosed with diabetes in 2013.
- Before stepping into the acting business, Samantha did many odd jobs.
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu has established an NGO named Pratyusha Support which helps poor kids and women who fall ill.
Some of the information are taken from the internet, such as Wikipedia & different news websites. If you find any thing wrong or misprinted, than let us know here, so we can make this article more accurate and readable.