Arijit Singh is a well-known Indian singer and music composer, who has sung songs in Hindi as well as in various Indian languages. He was born on 25 April 1987 in Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal. His father, Kakkar Singh is belongs to a Sikh family while his mother, Aditi Singh came from a Bengali family.
He is often cited as one of the best singers of all time in the Indian music industry, and has established a large fan base throughout South Asia, mainly in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal. He is also known as the “King of Playback Singing“.
Further in this article, you will get to know about Arijit Singh wife, age, height, weight, girlfriends, family, marriage, children, daughter, mother, father, marriage pics, songs, career, net worth, biography & more.
|Real Name||Arijit Singh|
|Full Name||Arijit Singh|
|Profession(s)||Singer & Music Composer|
|Famous For||His magical voice|
|Date of Birth||25 April 1987|
|Age (as in 2022)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India|
|Current Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hobbies||Cycling, Reading, Photography, Playing Badminton, Writing and Making Documentaries|
|Debut||Singer: “Phir Mohabbat” from Murder 2 (2011)|
Director: Bhalobashar Rojnamcha (Bangla Film; 2015)
Height, Weight & Body Measurement
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 76 kg|
in Pounds- 168 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||Chest: 40 Inches|
Waist: 32 Inches
Biceps: 12 Inches
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
Family & Ancestor
|Mother||Aditi Singh (died of a cerebral stroke on 19 May 2021)|
|Father||Kakkar Singh (LIC Agent)|
|Wife||First Wife– Ruprekha Banerjee|
Second Wife– Koel Roy Singh (m. 2014)
|Son(s)||Jul & one more|
|School||Raja Bijay Singh High School, Murshidabad|
|College/University||Sripat Singh College, Jiaganj|
- In 2005, Arijit Singh began his career by participating in the contemporary reality show, Fame Gurukul.
- He participated in another reality show 10 Ke 10 Le Gaye Dil and won.
- In 2010, Singh started working with Pritam in three films- Golmaal 3, Crook and Action Replayy.
- In 2010, he made his debut in Telugu industry with the song Neeve Na Neeve Na.
- In 2011, Singh made his musical debut in Bollywood with the Mithun composition, “Phir Mohabbat” from Murder 2.
- In 2012, Arijit sung a song named Raabta” in the film Agent Vinod.
- In 2013, his career breakthrough came with a song named Tum Hi Ho from the movie Aashiqui 2.
- In 2014, Singh got a chance to work with two of his favorite music directors, Sajid-Wajid and AR Rahman.
- In 2015, Arijit Singh made his Tamil debut with the song “Neeye Vaazhkai Enbena” from the film Pugazh.
- In early 2016, Arijit sang “Yeh Fitoor Mera” written by Swanand Kirkire composed by Amit Trivedi.
- He also sang “Naina” from Dangal at the end of 2016.
- In 2017, he sang for Shah Rukh Khan and performed a romantic duet with Harshdeep Kaur called Zaalima.
- In 2018, Singh sang songs like, Aaj Se Teri, Binte Dil, Subah Subah, Tera Yaar Hoon Main, and many more.
- In 2019 Singh sang songs like, Ruan Ruan, Mere Pyare Prime Minister, Ve Maahi, First Class, Khairiyat, Ghungroo, and Dariyaganj.
- In 2020, Arijit’s three songs were released from the film Love Aaj Kal : “Shayad”, “Haan Tum Ho” and “Haan Main Galat”.
- In 2021, Arijit Singh sang “O Saaiyan” from the film The Power. He also sang for other films like 83, Tadap, sooryavanshi, Bhuj – the pride of India etc.
- In 2022, Arijit Singh has sung two songs “Soch liya” and “Aashiqui Aa Gayi” from the movie Radhe Shyam.
Awards & Achievements
|2019||National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer||Binte Dil|
|2018||Best Male Playback Singer Award||Roke Na Ruke Naina|
|2017||Best Male Playback Singer Award||Ae Dil Hai Mushkil|
|2016||Best Male Playback Singer Award||Sooraj Dooba Hain|
|2014||Best Male Playback Singer Award||Tum Hi Ho|
Girlfriends/Relationships/Affairs & More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Koel Roy Singh|
|First Wife||Ruprekha Banerjee (m. 2013)|
|Second Wife||Koel Roy Singh (m. 2014)|
Favourite & Beloved things
|Food||Maacher jhol and mishti, alu seddo, daal, bhaat and alu posto|
|Musician||Ghulam Ali, Jagjit Singh, Mehdi Hassan, Ustad Rashid Ali Khan, Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, KK and Michael Jackson|
|Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammed Rafi, Kishore Kumar|
|Sports||Cricket, Football, Badminton|
|Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, Lance Klusener, Sourav Ganguly and Jonty Rhodes|
|Footballer(s)||Lionel Messi, Thomas Muller|
|Football Team(s)||Brazil and Argentina|
|Badminton Player||Saina Nehwal|
Net Worth, Cars Collection, House & More
|Net Worth||INR 7 million|
|Salary/Income||INR 13 lakhs/song|
|Source Of Income||Singing|
|House Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
- In September 2013, he was arrested for assaulting a journalist, after the journalist asked him details about his divorce case with his first wife.
- In May 2016, he posted an open letter to Salman Khan on Facebook, requesting him to retain his version of a song in the film Sultan, which he thought that Salman had recorded by another singer, as Salman thought Arijit insulted him in the 2014 Star Guild Awards function. But later, Arijit deleted that post.
Social Media Accounts
Some Known Facts
- Arijit Singh was born and brought up in Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal.
- Arijit comes from a musical family background as his grandmother, mother and sister are fine singers.
- He runs an NGO called “Let There Be Light,” which works for the poor people.
- He has 3 musical gurus, Rajendra Prasad Hazari who taught him Indian classical music, Dhirendra Prasad Hazari who taught him tabla and Birendra Prasad Hazari, who taught him Rabindrasangeet and pop music.
- Apart from being a singer, he is a badminton player, a writer, and a documentary maker.
- His favourite song is Phir Le Aaya Dil from the film Barfi.
- He is a movie freak.
- Arijit Singh has also directed a few films including Bhalobashar Rojnamcha (2015) and “Sa” (2018).
- His son Jul also acted in film “Sa.”
- During his teenage years, he liked to sing the song “Mitwaa.”
- Arijit Singh says that if he would ever get a chance to travel back in time, he would love to sing with Kishore Kumar.
- He does not own a car and he still takes public transport to travel to his work.
- Once he said that he becomes claustrophobic while listening to his own songs.
All the information are taken from internet, such as Wikipedia & different news websites. If you find any thing wrong or misprinted, than let us know here, so we can make this article more accurate and readable.